[c-nsp] ASA 5505 doesn't like itself

Pete Lumbis alumbis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 19:44:58 EST 2011

You can't ping like that. You can ping from the inside interface to
the outside, and vice versa. You can test traffic from the inside by
pinging the outside interface for example. There is no way to change
this behavior.

Also ICMP is IP, "permit ip any" will allow ICMP.

The only other thing is that ICMP inspection is not enabled by default
(at least in some older code). If you plan to lock down your ACLs,
you'll probably want to turn this on.

-Pete