[c-nsp] debug to see what IP is trying to log in via telnet

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Feb 23 14:40:27 EST 2011

hi,

okay...i appear to have mislaid some memory cells over the past month
which coincides with a major bout of unable to drive google/bing or cisco.com
properly(!)  ;-)

basically, auth logs show a device somewhere is trying to log into
some switches with wrong user/pass..... and I cant recall/dig how to
debug on the switch to see what IP is causing the mischief

the obvious 'debug telnet' only debugs the negotiation/method/junk
rather than provide anything useful....any chance someone can throw
me a line to jog my memory on this score?

cheers

alan