[c-nsp] Bonded T3 Bandwidth issue

Stevan Zupanic zupanic at tbaytel.net
Thu Feb 24 01:09:03 EST 2011

Keep in mind the Windows TCP scaling limitations, with default window sizes
an RTT of 10ms gives you a maximum of 52Mbps.
http://cisconet.com/traffic-analysis/throughput/104-tcp-throughput-calculati
on-formula.html
I am seeing a lot of this as customer bandwidth demands increase, this is
the reason for the very expensive layer 7 acceleration devices like Cisco
WAAS.

Stevan