[c-nsp] Bonded T3 Bandwidth issue

Tim Pozar pozar at lns.com
Thu Feb 24 00:47:22 EST 2011

How have you "bonded" the DS3?  Typically load balancing on cisco boxes
are per session so you will never get over anything beyond the speed of
the link (45Mb/s).  In order to do something beyond that, you need to
load balance per packet.

I wrote up this paper in '96 about how to do this with DS1s.  The same
applies with DS3s....

	http://www.lns.com/papers/netload/

Tim

on 2/23/11 7:40 PM Lawrence said the following:
> I have a bonded T3 that I have never been able to get over 45mbs. I
> have been on the phone with my ISP and they are able to verify that
> both circuits work and they feel bonded  circuits are working fine and
> that any problem is on "my side" Does anybody know what could cause a
> bonded T3 not to be able to deliver bandwith over 45 mbs?
>
> o I am testing this circuit with a udp client/server transfer program
> with the server on an att circuit that can more than handle 100 mbs.
>
> o I have tied to hit the bonded t3 with muliple isps just incase it is
> an isp to isp thing. The t3's never go over 45 mbs.
>
> o I have run mutiple "speed test.net" benchmarks and that never show
> any speed faster that 45mbs (They work with my att circuit when leads
> me to belive that that are semi reliable)
>

> Any help is appreciated!

 GPG Fingerprint: 4821 CFDA 06E7 49F3 BF05  3F02 11E3 390F 8338 5B04
       http://www.lns.com/house/pozar/pozar_4096_rsa_public.asc