[c-nsp] CoPP & mls qos

Daniel Holme dan.holme at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 18:28:51 EST 2011

Yep you need 'mls qos'. This turns on PFC QOS, where most/all of your forwarding will be taking place.

7600/6500 policing (on LAN modules, in my experience) is all done on ingress, including egress policing. Yes it sounds crazy but it's true, so in order to police or shape on egress you need to consider your input interfaces as the policer is applied on the PFC and each DFC individually. Depending on your modules, depends on your QOS strategy.

I think it's very different on WAN modules, SIP/ES etc. Read this for starters: http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/archived-articles/425.html

--Daniel Holme