[c-nsp] ARP strangeness

Chad Whitten chadwick.whitten at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 12:46:14 EST 2011

This is a problem with how the linksys sends out the DHCP request for
renewal.  The BEFSR41 and BEFSR81 use a broadcast bootp flag, whereas all
other CPE devices use a unicast bootp flag.  When using the broadcast bootp
flag the Cisco will send an arp broadcast which is dropped by the access
equipment.