[c-nsp] BFD alternative

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Sun Jan 9 14:46:35 EST 2011

On Jan 9, 2011, at 1:41 PM, Mark Tinka wrote:

> I don't see how complicated this is than any other aspect of
> putting the nodes in place anyway, but no two networks are
> the same.

It depends on how many fingers are in the 'pot' so to speak.

The more people in there, the more likely (and harder it is) to provision sites.

This is why many people have built tools and drive automation in the devices.  This way you ease the burden on the user and reduce the opportunity for errors.  They can still happen, but the chances are lower and perhaps more predictable.

Many networks (including some large ones) run completely with a "if it's in the config on the router, that is the authority" vs outside audits (with tools or manual) and management.

- Jared