[c-nsp] GRP vs. PRP-1

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Mon Jan 10 17:20:35 EST 2011

Hello All:

We had a GSR with the GRP-B fall over this morning when we brought up a 3rd transit (full table) connection on the device with an Out of Memory error.  We are running 3-port Gig cards with full memory and the GRP as the base.

Would upgrading to a PRP with full RAM alleviate this problem?  I have no operational experience with the PRP so I'm not sure if it "fixes" the number of full tables I can take on the box.

Also, we've noticed that it takes a long time (+/- 15 minutes) to get and process even 2 full tables on the GSR with the GRP.  Would the PRP help speed up this process?

Thanks for any info!

Mike