[c-nsp] XR - propagate level 1 into level 2

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Jan 10 13:47:29 EST 2011

On Monday, January 10, 2011 09:02:27 pm Vikas Sharma wrote:

> I am working on xr 3.6.2, I can see with the command "
> propagate level 1 into level 2" there is only policy
> option.
>
> (config)#propagate level 1 into level 2 ?
> policy name
>

> But when I give following command  propagate level 1 into
> level 2 distribute-list ISIS-1-TO-2, it accepts w/o any
> issue. Distribute-list is not an option after leve2.
>
> My question is is distribute-list is part of hidden
> command? Will cisco support it in case there is any
> issue as command is hidden...

We're running 3.9.1 (considering moving to 4.0.1 due
to some features we could use) and this code base
supports the use of a route policy (which I think is
heaps better than distribute lists):

RP/0/RP0/CPU0:lab(config-isis-af)#propagate level 1 into level 2 route-policy ?
  WORD                 Name of the policy
RP/0/RP0/CPU0:lab(config-isis-af)#

FWIW, we're doing L2-into-L1 (route leaking).

Cheers,

Mark.