[c-nsp] Advice on Core Swithes / Routers

Chris Knipe savage at savage.za.org
Thu Jan 13 05:52:04 EST 2011

> Serials on a 6500 require flexwan + PA, and the flexwan is expensive
> (and I seem to remember that it's end of support, but that might be the
> flexwan1 while the flexwan2 is still supported).  I'd not go there - the
> 6500 is a great platform for ethernet stuff, but WAN stuff has always been
> "bolted to the side", with mixed-quality software support, etc.

The 6500 are legacy and thus needs to stay.  I am aware of the FlexWAN and
it's not a problem getting it.

The problem that I have is that I am unsure which SPA's in the FlexWAN is
supported and will work on the 6500 platform.  The SPA-4XT-SERIAL is
precisely what I need and want to put in my 6500 - but I've seen varied
results from google in terms of whether it does, or does not, work with the
FlexWAN on the 6500.

Even the documentation on Cisco is conflicting on whether or not the SPA
will be supported... :(

Hopefully, again - someone can shed some light for me.  It is rather urgent.

--
Chris.