[c-nsp] Multicast not passing over Q-in-Q tunnel

Jose Madrid jmadrid2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 12:02:03 EST 2011

I have a customer to whom I hand-off a port from a 6500 in vlan 975 and is
also a q-in-q tunnel.  This traverses two 6500's and terminates to the
customer on the far-end on a Cisco 3560.  The customer is able to pass
unicast traffic with no problem, but is having issues with multicast.  The
customer has a Cisco 4948 on each end and is passing us two vlans.  I opened
a TAC case and they said it should work fine, that the tunnel wont
discriminate with regards to traffic.  Anyone here have any experience with
such an issue? Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

--
It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime.  What better place than
here? What better time than now?