[c-nsp] Cisco 1588v2 and Sync-E design

Timo Mallas timo.mallas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 05:45:47 EST 2011

Hi,

We  are looking forward to do a major upgrade to our IP/MPLS network and add
time/phase synchronization functionality by implementing 1588v2 and/or
Synchronous Ethernet. At hardware level those most likely will be ASR9K
(core, agg) + ME3600/ME3800 (access) boxes, running MPLS.

IP part and everything else except 1588/SyncE seems to be fine and,
unfortunately, I'm having bad luck finding any good or usable design
documents regarding Sync-E or 1588v2 L .. so I'd be very glad if You guys
could share some experience, pros/cons, or point to some documentation.

THanks in advance,

Timo