[c-nsp] FWSM Port-channel shutdown

Andrew Harris andharri at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 26 02:06:10 EST 2011

Hi,

I have an issue in which when a new FWSM is inserted into one of our
6500s the internal Port-channel is immediately put into the admin down
status.

It is a 6509-E chassis running 12.2(18)SXF4 and the FWSM is running
3.1(3) in slot 3.

We have two other FWSM in slot 4 and 6 respectively, running fine.

We have other 6500s running SXF4 with a FWSM in slot 3 so I don't
think it is a placement issue.

Even if I boot into the maintenance partition it still immediately
shuts down the etherchannel.

I am sure I am missing something really basic, but any pointers would
be appreciated!

Thanks

Andy