[c-nsp] Advice: Which routers to purchase ?

Dovid Bender dovid at flatplanetphone.com
Thu Jan 27 11:03:22 EST 2011

Hi All,

I am new to Cisco (other than starting a CCNA course 10 years ago but never finishing it).

Our company is now becoming multi homed and we need to BGP our own IP's.

We need at least three Ethernet connections. We will be connecting to two providers and then a third for our network. The physical connection will be 100 mbits to the carriers and 1000 mbit to our switch. From the first carrier we can use 100 mbits and from the second carrier we will only be using up to 5-10 mbits. Our total bandwidth usage will most likely be under 100 mbits. We would also like to use VPN but it's not a must. We are running a VoIP network. I do not know if this is possible but we would like to be able to assign more than one IP per interface. Is that possible ? Also we would like to have two routers for redundancy. We will have a primary and a standby. We would like to use MPLS.

What do you recommend ?

Regards,

Dovid