[c-nsp] cat6500 as dhcp client

Florian Bauhaus f.bauhaus at portrix-systems.de
Wed Jul 6 06:21:05 EDT 2011

Hello,

I got a 6506 with WS-X6K-S2U-MSFC2 here running 12.2(18)SXF17
(ADVENTERPRISEK9_WAN). Basically everything the device does is some
basic routing between a couple of vlans and some PAT for our internet
connection. Now we got a new provider where we don't have a static IP
address anymore and I wanted to use the device as dhcp client but I have
neither 'ip address dhcp' nor 'ip dhcp client' commands on the ethernet
interfaces (FE interfaces on WS-X6348-RJ-45 and GE interfaces on
WS-X6548-GE-TX).
According to Cisco Feature Navigator the used software image should
include a dhcp client. Am I missing anything?

Best regards,
Florian