[c-nsp] Firewalls "as-a-service" in an MPLS infrastructure...

Max Pierson nmaxpierson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 09:17:54 EDT 2011

>In multiple context mode, there is no support for:
>- dynamic routing

Wow, I knew that crypto was dead when you enable it for vFW, and this was a
show stopper for us, but I did not know that dynamic routing was axed as
well when you did this. Glad we decided to go the Fortinet route. Why one
would buy an ASA for simple packet filtering and IDS in a virtual/MPLS setup
is beyond me. Cisco needs to address this. Does anyone know if this is a
hardware limitation or just a bean counter limitation???

-
max