[c-nsp] NAT over Two different providers

David Rothera david.rothera at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 10:08:50 EDT 2011

One issue that you will run into is that because you will be changing IP address if the user moved over to the other provider due to a failure etc all existing connections would be severed and sometimes cookies would be invalid and users would have to log back into certain services.

As long as you have the above understood then what you could so is have a HSRP pair setup between the two devices and have them both have NAT enabled, setup IP SLA tracking on the links and then track that SLA on the HSRP configuration, this would cause the backup link (and backup NAT pool) to only be used if the LinkA was down.

David