[c-nsp] sup2T software & release notes have hit

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Jul 11 14:26:13 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 07:14:41PM +0100, Phil Mayers wrote:
> ...and the first thing that stands out in the release notes:
>
> """
> These features are not supported in Release 12.2(50)SY:
>
> ?Per-VLAN Spanning Tree (PVST) mode
>
> Note Release 12.2(50)SY supports these spanning tree protocols:
> ?Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) is enabled by default;
> ?Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) is supported.
> """
>
> I sincerely hope that's a "next release" feature... Anyone know anything
> about this? Seems like an amazing thing to miss out, given the
> limitations of MST (only one MST process per switch)

Well, it says "RSTP is supported".  If that is *Cisco* RSTP, that's good
enough for me - as it is pv-RSTP, and we run all our switches that way
anyway.

If it's IEEE RSTP, as in "rapid, but single VLAN", that's an absolute
no-go then.

(Mmmh.  Is this IOS?  Or IOS XE?  I thought the Sup2T was supposed to
ship with something modularish?)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de