[c-nsp] sup2T software & release notes have hit

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jul 11 14:35:25 EDT 2011

On 07/11/2011 07:26 PM, Gert Doering wrote:

> (Mmmh.  Is this IOS?  Or IOS XE?  I thought the Sup2T was supposed to
> ship with something modularish?)

IOS. I've seen a load of roadmap presentations on this thing, and Cisco
have consistently said it would run IOS, and not any of the new variants.

The modularity was supposedly in the same for as ION, as we've already
seen on the sup720, and supposedly the CPU was a dual-core 1.6GHz and
able to run threads on different cores. Given that ION has been
abandoned on sup720, I wonder if they'll ever follow through with that.
Hopefully they ditched ION on sup720 so they could make it work on
sup2T, but one wonders if it just became impossible.

Having said that, I recently heard it would run 15.? but that's
presumably in the same vein as 7600; recompile with -DVERSION=15.x

;o)