[c-nsp] OSPF trigger updates

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Mon Jul 11 14:48:15 EDT 2011

On 11/07/2011 19:24, Serguei Bezverkhi wrote:
> Playing with OSPF hello/dead timers is possible but not the best approach.
> If you need fast dead peer detection, BFD is much better option. It uses
> less CPU and allows much better detection time than OSPF timers.

This then devolves into a discussion about how tight you want your timers
to run; in my case, reasonably but not very.  If you have bouncy links with
tight timers, you can run into edge cases which will cause pretty serious
network disruption due to constant reconvergence of igp/ibgp.  ##

Also, bfd isn't supported universally yet, or even supported very well in
the places that it does work.

Nick