[c-nsp] ppp encrypt mppe and cef

Michael Ulitskiy mulitskiy at acedsl.com
Wed Jul 13 23:44:41 EDT 2011

Hello,

Is MPPE encryption supported in the CEF path?
According to cisco doc at
http:/www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_1t/12_1t5/feature/guide/dt_pptp.html it should, but in my tests all pptp virtual access created with CEF disabled and I can't get more than 10M from 7200-NPE400 with 100% CPU.
IOS 12.4(25c). Config is straightforward:

vpdn enable
!
vpdn-group PPTP
! Default PPTP VPDN group
 accept-dialin
  protocol pptp
  virtual-template 1
 ip tos reflect
 ip pmtu
 ip mtu adjust
!
interface Virtual-Template1
 ip unnumbered Loopback0
 ip nat inside
 ip virtual-reassembly timeout 1
 ip tcp adjust-mss 1346
 no logging event link-status
 no snmp trap link-status
 peer default ip address pool HQ-VPN-POOL
 ppp encrypt mppe auto
 ppp authentication ms-chap ms-chap-v2 callin
 ppp ipcp dns 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
 ppp ipcp wins 192.168.0.110
!

AS3#sh ip int vi5
Virtual-Access5 is up, line protocol is up
  IP fast switching is disabled
  IP fast switching on the same interface is disabled
  IP Flow switching is enabled
  IP CEF switching is disabled

If I remove "ppp encrypt mppe auto" line then CEF is enabled OK.
Does anybody know if there's a way to run MPPE in the CEF path?

Thanks,

--
Michael Ulitskiy