[c-nsp] Different Supervisor in 7609 + High Availability (SSO + NSF + GR)

cisco-pe cisco.pe.1977 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 15:46:29 EDT 2011

Hi Gert,
Thank you for your response. Following your recommendations, I am planning
to replace my most important router with the new sup (RSP 720-3C) and re-use
the WS-720-3B to implement dual-sup in the other routers.

The idea is the follwong:
Main Router 7609-S with dual-sup WS-720-3B (02)
- Replace the stand-by sup (WS-720-3B)  by one RSP 720-3C.( here the
critical point, I will try to test in lab if I get all the resources)
- Switchover to RSP 720-3C and then this sup become the active sup.
- Replace the old WS-720-3B by one RSP 720-3C and at the end, to have one
7609-S with 02 RSP 720-3C

Best Regards
JC