[c-nsp] Burned up 2790

Tristan Gulyas evilzardoz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 20:32:28 EDT 2011

Hi,

The newer hardware revisions on some of these switches use a different style of solid state capacitor which does not get affected by this "capacitor plague".

I've seen this on the 3750G switches hundreds of times.  Any we've RMA'd for the issue have been replaced with newer hardware revisions.  Mainly 3750G-24T, 12S and 24TS switches - the PoE and 24TS 1RU switches are unaffected as far as we can tell, along with the E and X series switches.

Re: 3750G-24TS failures, we've seen an issue where a switch is power cycled and the switch hangs, with the status lights all on but no life out of the device.  Power cycling it repeatedly can sometimes bring the device back to life temporarily (until the next power cycle).

Tristan