[c-nsp] Burned up 2790

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Tue Jul 19 10:02:53 EDT 2011

On 07/15/2011 11:36 AM, Dale W. Carder wrote:

> You can mix&  match 3750 boxes and stack up to 9 of them together into
> a virtual chassis.  The newer 3750X platform even has field replaceable
> parts.
>
> For your 2970, take a hard look at the capacitors.  They are of a vintage
> when there was considerable problems across the industry:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
I suspected as much, but thanks for the pointer. I know the 2970 is
'old' but it's what we got today, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a
part number or other identifier I could use to check wether mine are
known by cisco to potentially suffer from this problem? I could at least
inventory and identify where my more likely risks are if I knew.

Thanks all.

Mike-