[c-nsp] 1841 dumps to rommon only on power failure

Marty Adkins marty at martyadkins.com
Tue Jul 19 11:31:27 EDT 2011

On 7/17/2011 11:58:11 PM Vinny Abello <vinny at abellohome.net> wrote:
> Got an interesting problem I thought someone else might have
> experienced. I have an 1841 in my home that I've used for a while.
> Recently (probably within the past year) I noticed that when it looses
> power, the next time it powers on it doesn't boot properly and just gets
> dumped to rommon.
	[snip]

I wonder if you're running into the symptom in this field notice from
2007 -- Unable to Read Compact Flash - ROMMON Upgrade Available:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/620/fn62573.html
The real cause was a defective compact flash controller but Cisco
worked around it with a ROMMON update.
I've run into a number of these at a customer that has hundreds of
1841s in the field.

- Marty