[c-nsp] sup2T software & release notes have hit

Tony Varriale tvarriale at comcast.net
Wed Jul 20 20:08:05 EDT 2011

On 7/20/2011 10:53 AM, Kevin Graham wrote:
> On Jul 19, 2011, at 1:38 PM, Nick Hilliard<nick at foobar.org>  wrote:
>
>> Have you considered the monumental task of making NX-OS or XR work with older linecards?  Or even IOS-XE?
> Absolutely -- that's my point. I'm surprised by bringing a new software model to the 2T given that it's game over for the 6500. However, given the effort, XE makes the least sense. (Unless the "userland IOS" encapsulation is relatively easy, in which case I would have expected it on  high-end ISR's first).

I don't think it's complete game over.  Aside from PoE, there's some
fantastic new features that are available that will let it hang on for a
while.

For example, I have a customer that wants VPLS without flexwan.

I have another customer that is using the 6500 for a decent amount of
MPLS "stuff".  I let them know MPLS L3VPN was coming to the N7K.  They
said "congrats".

tv