[c-nsp] connection speed at physical layer

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 07:42:25 EDT 2011

Martin,
I'm running GNU/Linux(Debian). I set this manually for testing
purposes. In other words eth0 interface is configured to allow
autonegotiation, but advertises only 10BASE-T/Full.

So it's clear, that if GE interface is configured to 10BASE-T mode, it
will send traffic on physical layer at max 10Mbps. Or for example if
FE interface is set to 10BASE-T mode, it will not send electrical
signals at rate of 100Mbps, but instead 10 times slower?

regards,
martin