[c-nsp] connection speed at physical layer

John Gill johgill at cisco.com
Thu Jul 21 11:52:39 EDT 2011

Hi Martin,
I am not sure how you determine you only advertise 10/full, but speed
detection is not hard, but rather duplex is where it's more necessary.

The interface on the switch is able to operate in 10 or 100 at the phy,
in this case it knows it can understand the 10Mb/s signaling coming from
the T60, so it steps down and that is the only way link is established.
  I have not heard of two phy's operating at different speeds on the
same link.

John Gill
cisco