[c-nsp] Suitable switches for small network

Christopher Pilkington cjp at 0x1.net
Wed Jun 1 14:28:53 EDT 2011

We're contemplating a small WAN network for one of our projects
consisting of three sites meshed with point-to-point GigE and another
two sites meshed in with 100Meg ethernet.

We were looking at the ME3400 switches for the VRF capability (project
wants to keep management and "production" traffic segregated.)  Is
this a sane platform for such a network, or is there something better
suited in this price point?  The only growth envisioned would be the
100Meg sites going to GigE eventually, no other changes in the
paper-lifecycle (3 years) of the boxes.

Thanks,
-cjp