[c-nsp] 7600 and VPLS support

Daniel danielthere at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 15:13:03 EDT 2011

I've been searching Cisco documentation ( and this archive ), and i
want to confirm something with respect to 7600 VPLS

The following example shows how to create a Q-in-Q AC, with IOS XR

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router# configure
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config)# interface GigabitEthernet 0/0/0/0.2
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config-subif)# l2transport
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config-subif)# encapsulation dot1q 200 second-dot1q 201
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config-subif)# commit
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config-subif)# exit
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config)# exit

It seems to me that the only way to do  this is with a 7600 with a ES+
card, and not in a CAT LAN card ( WS6748).. so if a customer needs to
do this, they need to migrate their hw and their configuration, from
something like this:.

l2 vfi name manual
 vpn id yy
 neighbor x.x.x.x encapsulation mpls

interface GigabitEthernet X/X ( lan card port )
 switchport
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan yy
 switchport mode trunk

 interface Vlanyy
 no ip address
 xconnect vfi name

to this:

l2 vfi name manual
 vpn id yy
 neighbor x.x.x.x encapsulation mpls

interface GigabitEthernet X/X ( es+ port )
port-type nni
 switchport trunk allowed vlan none
 switchport mode trunk
service instance yy ethernet