[c-nsp] EoMPLS Remote Port Shutdown

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat Jun 4 15:43:55 EDT 2011

On Saturday, June 04, 2011 02:38:22 AM Yuri Bank wrote:

> I'm trying to achieve a function similar to LFP,link pass
> through (this is what its called on Alcalu Ethernet/MPLS
> switches). If one side of the psudowire is down, I would
> like the adjacent port to also go down to prevent black
> holing traffic.

My memory is rather vague on this, but I think I recall a
customer once asking us about this capability. We checked
with our SE and were told support wasn't there for this
feature.

An LFP search, at the time, turned up something about this
being supported on Cisco's ONS platforms, which I'm certain
isn't what you're looking for.

Again, it's been a very long time since I last talked about
this with my SE, but if memory serves, that was the
conversation.

Of course, things could be much more different now.

Mark.