[c-nsp] Massive increase of "ignored" errors on 7200 after upgrade to 12.2SRE3

Sigurbjörn Birkir Lárusson sigurbjornl at vodafone.is
Tue Jun 7 09:10:56 EDT 2011

Hello there,

We are still running quite a few 7200s for low-bitrate traffic in various places.

After upgrade to SRE3 we've been noticing a huge increase in input errors on the 7200s (input errors counting as ignored packets).  This is classic microburst behaviour, however it seems to have gotten substantially worse with SRE.  With previous (SB) software, the input errors usually didn't start to count until the port reached ~100Mbits of traffic, now it's happening even at 15-20Mbits with the router CPU hardly loaded and in amount that I haven't seen before.

Anyone else notice this or have any ideas as to a workaround or something that could improve the issue?

Kind regards,
Sigurbjörn