[c-nsp] VSS - Horror stories, show-stoppers, other personal experience?

Mike G geezyx at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 18:05:05 EDT 2011

Hey all,

We're looking at implementing VSS between our distribution/core switches,
which are currently in a high-availability configuration using HSRP.

>From my research so far, the system is straight-forward and the limitations
and requirements are fairly well documented.

Has anyone had personal experience with a VSS deployment?  If so, do you
have any horror stories, caveats, and/or recommendations?  I'm also
interested in people's experience with IPv6 implementation in a VSS
environment.

Thanks!