[c-nsp] improving last-mile VDSL2 circuit between two Cisco routers

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 18:43:34 EDT 2011

I have connected two Cisco 1841 routers over poor quality POTS cabling
using the "Ethernet over VDSL2"(profile 17a) converters. SNR is rather
low and distance is long. Currently I have two POTS wires in use, but
I could use another pair as well if this would help. I was wondering
maybe it would help somehow if I use two pairs instead of one pair
like illustrated here:
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4020/vdsl2w.png

I would for example solder the additional wires to main ones just
before the RJ14 connecto. I know the VDSL2 converters link this way,
but would it give some additional improvement? If yes, then why?

regards,
martin