[c-nsp] VSS - Horror stories, show-stoppers, other personal experience?

Tony Varriale tvarriale at comcast.net
Fri Jun 17 23:34:07 EDT 2011

> The new software should now support dual supervisor per chasis and
> soon with the sup 2t 4 chasis!

Please make sure you understand the failure scenarios and how the dual
sups actually work.  It probably doesn't work as you think it should.
> We are only running IPv4 on our boxes - (entereprise environment).
The Sup2T will fix most of the IPv6 problems as it is EARL8 based.  So,
if you want to stick with 6500 and you need IPv6 it's highly recommended
you move to the Sup2T.

tv