[c-nsp] VSS w/non sup VSL

scott owens scottowens12 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 13:21:33 EDT 2011

We are doing the sup based dual link VSL.
we reclaimed older 6704 for 10Gb uplinks / downlinks because at the time we
did not need the 6708s ... which would allow us to do sup & line card VSL.
Our thought is that if the sup based VSL fails ... odds are high (100% ?)
that the sup itself failed and the box would be dead anyway ...
Using 6708 line cards for the VSL links. really does not gain us anything