[c-nsp] ISSU on VSS

scott owens scottowens12 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 13:26:29 EDT 2011

>   8. Re: VSS - Horror stories, show-stoppers,  other personal
>      experience? (Tony Varriale)

I am pretty sure Tony that when I took the VSS class at Networkers last June
in Las Vegas one of the benefits of the SXI4 code was that with dual sups
... you got ISSU.

I am so sure of it because that is what we did in the class ( it was held
the day before Networkers started ).

From
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/vss.html

Quad-supervisor uplink forwarding provides these key features:
•eFSU upgrades— You can upgrade or downgrade your VSS system using ISSU.
See "Upgrading a VSS"
section<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/vss.html#wp1169328>
for
more information about eFSU upgrades.