[c-nsp] ISSU on VSS

ryanL ryan.landry at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 13:31:13 EDT 2011

there is indeed ISSU for VSS, even with single supervisor models. i
recently upgraded from sxi2a to sxi6 with no noticeable impact if you
do it right. that said, you do lose 50% of your cluster capacity. so i
guess it depends on your interpretation/requirement for ISSU ;-)

on the flip, i can attest that sometimes ISSU doesn't work for various
reasons, with no log entries to help give a clue. sometimes it's
easier scheduling a 10-15 minute outage and just hitting the whole VSS
than it is mucking with ISSU.