[c-nsp] ISSU on VSS

Tony Varriale tvarriale at comcast.net
Tue Jun 21 15:40:53 EDT 2011

On 6/21/2011 12:31 PM, ryanL wrote:
> there is indeed ISSU for VSS, even with single supervisor models.

There is indeed no ISSU on 6500.  What you are referencing is FSU or eFSU.

I would suggest you get a product brief from your Cisco team or your
preferred vendor/reseller.
> recently upgraded from sxi2a to sxi6 with no noticeable impact if you
> do it right.
ISSU has the ability to have 0 impact.
> that said, you do lose 50% of your cluster capacity. so i
> guess it depends on your interpretation/requirement for ISSU ;-)
This isn't an interpretation, unless it's yours.  The rest of the world
that is familiar with the 6500 will tell you the same.  That's FSU or a
variant.
> on the flip, i can attest that sometimes ISSU doesn't work for various
> reasons,
If you are referring to the 6500, it doesn't work because it doesn't exist.

tv