[c-nsp] RBE on SIP-400

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 08:14:24 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I have some services from a carrier that are being hand off as a PVC with routed bridge encapsulation - RBE (via an STM-1).

This is connected to a 7609 with SIP-400 & SPA-4XOC3-ATM, running 12.2(33)SRD4.

It would appear that the command "atm route-bridge ip" is only supported on ATM cards in the SIP-200  (I have no idea WHY this limitation !).

I definitely require RBE to terminate the service as I have tried it on an old 7204 and it worked fine with "atm route-bridge ip" enabled on the interface.

Does anyone have suggestions or workarounds to get this working on the hardware I currently have in the 7609 ?

Thanks,
Tony.