[c-nsp] Service Provider Networks: Cisco vs XYZ

Derick Winkworth dwinkworth at att.net
Fri Jun 24 01:36:50 EDT 2011

1. Yes there are studies and comparisons.  They are usually skewed/biased favorably towards the company that is paying to have the study/comparison done.
2. Juniper/Alcatel-Lucent I think today are the primary competing vendors you want to look at.
3. Tackling the service-provider problem is different than the enterprise problem.  There is a reason why other vendors have had success in this space.  Sometimes they really do make better products for the application/deployment scenario in question.