[c-nsp] Cisco 7600 Power Supply Compatibility

Andrew K. andrew at vianet.ca
Fri Jun 24 13:43:27 EDT 2011

I am searching through cisco documentation in an attempt to prove or
disprove my theory and I am wondering if someone has a quick answer.

We are currently running a 7606 with Dual PWR-1900-DC / PEM modules.

With the addition of 10G ports we need to increase the power in the chassis.

I am to install dual PWR-2700-DC supplies.

Can the 1900-DC and 2700-DC be run at the same time?

My plan was to swap one then the other for maximum availability.

Any information/documentation would be appreciate.
Andrew.