[c-nsp] Cisco 7600 Power Supply Compatibility

Justin Krejci jkrejci at usinternet.com
Mon Jun 27 15:46:53 EDT 2011

Posting for list archival purposes as as previously I replied to sender
only.

The answer to your question and more is here

7600
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/ios/12.2SR/configuration/guide/pwr_envr.html
excerpt:
Note Installed power supplies in a system can be of different wattage
ratings. Installed power supplies can also be both AC-input, both
DC-input, or one AC-input and one DC-input. Power supplies can be
configured in either redundant or non-redundant mode. For detailed
information on supported power supply configurations, refer to the Cisco
7600 Series Router Installation Guide.

Equivalent URL for 6500
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa8.shtml