[c-nsp] DFC3B distribution card on WS-X6708-10G

Jiri Prochazka jiri.prochazka at superhosting.cz
Fri Mar 4 05:19:47 EST 2011

Hello,

I wonder if I can swap original DFC3CXL distribution card used on
WS-X6708-10G-3CXL with legacy DFC3B module without any problem?

So after this swap it would be WS-X6708-10G-3B, which is on the one hand
quite strange combination but on the other hand..it should work, righ?

I've found only one minor relevant note at documentation, which is
saying that the 8-port 10G card (WS-X6708-10G-3C/XL) must have a DFC
installed for it to be operational. Nowhere is noted if it has to be CXL
version..

This X6708 card is operating in the chassis with Sup720-3B, so whole
switch is operating in PFC3B mode now and 3CXL is not utilized..

Thank you for advice.

Jiri Prochazka