[c-nsp] Per port per vlan policing on ME-6524

Lobo lobotiger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 15:52:45 EST 2011

Hey everyone.  I've been trying to replicate the per-port per vlan
policing that we do on our C3750s on an ME-6524 we have in our lab but
I'm coming across a rejection by the router/switch whenever I attempt to
apply the policy-map to the SVI.

This is the configuration I'm using:

mac access-list extended AnyMac
  permit any any
!
access-list 101 permit ip any any
!
class-map match-all L2-Traffic
   match access-group name AnyMac
class-map match-all IP-Traffic
   match access-group 101
class-map match-any ALL-TRAFFIC-G1/22
   match input-interface GigabitEthernet1/22
class-map match-any ALL-TRAFFIC-G1/31
   match input-interface GigabitEthernet1/31
!
policy-map VLAN888_CHILD
   class ALL-TRAFFIC-G1/22
    police 3000000    conform-action transmit     exceed-action drop
   class ALL-TRAFFIC-G1/31
    police 3000000    conform-action transmit     exceed-action drop
!
policy-map VLAN888_PARENT
   class L2-Traffic
     trust dscp
    service-policy VLAN888_CHILD
   class IP-Traffic
     trust dscp
    service-policy VLAN888_CHILD
!

Applying the "parent" policy-map on SVI 888 results in this:

PE03(config-if)#int vl 888
PE03(config-if)#service-policy input VLAN888_PARENT
Match input interface is not supported for this interface
PE03(config-if)#

I've configured "mls qos vlan-based" on the two physical interfaces just
like we do on our 3750s.  ME-6524 is running 12.2(33)SXH6 Advanced IP
Services.  Not sure what else I can do considering that the specs state
that this feature is support on this platform.

Thanks for any tips.

Jose