[c-nsp] Nexus 7018 - native Vlan 4095 on some VPC/port-channel interfaces

Tóth András diosbejgli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 16:10:50 EST 2011

Hi,

For the first part you described, I'm suspecting software defect
CSCtg92465 which affects 5.0(2) and fixed in 5.0(3). You might try
upgrading to 5.0(3) during a maintenance window.

CSCtg92465 - Missing gwmacs for a few SVIs after root bridge reload

Symptom:

SVI is up but the SVI mac is missing from lcs in 5.0.2 images only.

Condition:

During SVI flaps if the SVI mac of the own switch happens to be learnt
due to some transit loop/BFD config then the SVI mac can get learnt as
dynamic entry during SVi down. When the new learn notification is sent
from hardware to SUP, if SVI happens to insert the SVI Gateway mac
then software sends insert notifcation to lcs. On seeing the same mac
as dynamic new learn entry a delete notification is sent to lcs which
ends up in deleting the static SVI gateway mac.

Workaround.
Since it is a race condition, flapping only SVIs should fix the issue.
The fix is in 5.0.3 images

Best regards,
Andras