[c-nsp] IOS XR BGP error: parent address family not initialized

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Fri Mar 11 22:20:37 EST 2011

On Saturday, March 12, 2011 05:55:00 am John Neiberger
wrote:

> So, for a couple of reasons, this may just not work at
> all for what we're trying to do, which makes me a sad
> panda. I thought we were really getting close to making
> it work!

Can you ping your friendly SE and ask them whether the
feature you need is available on the ASR9000? As you've
rightly pointed out, just because the XR 12000, CRS and
ASR9000 can be at the same IOS XR revision, doesn't mean
they all have the same features.

In all likelihood, the ASR9000 will be the one that is
lagging behind the most.

Cheers,

Mark.