[c-nsp] IOS XR BGP error: parent address family not initialized

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 16:55:00 EST 2011

It turns out that this may all be for nought anyway. I think we're
close to getting it working, but I just saw that this feature may only
really be supported on the 12000, not the ASR9K. I just looked at an
ASR9K-specific multicast conifguration guide for IOS XR 4.0 and it
makes no mention of mVPN Extranet Routing. And even if we could get it
to work, it sounds like only one receiver VRF can join the source, so
the other receiver VRFs that I want to create would not be able to
join.

So, for a couple of reasons, this may just not work at all for what
we're trying to do, which makes me a sad panda. I thought we were
really getting close to making it work!