[c-nsp] exclude traffic from an interface in netflow exports on a 6509

md4799 md4799 at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 18 11:23:14 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm searching for a way to exclude the netflow data of one interface
from the exported netflow-information. The underlying system is a
WS-C6509-E with a WS-SUP720-3B. The netflow / nde configuration part
is:

!
ip flow ingress layer2-switched vlan <list-of-vlan-ids>
mls flow ip full
mls nde sender version 5
!
interface vlan 1234
 no ip route-cache flow
!
ip flow-export source <interface-name>
ip flow-export version 5
ip flow-export destination <ip-address> 9995
!

The concerned interface - whose traffic I would like to be excluded
from the exported netflow data - is a vlan interface. I have already
excluded the VLAN-ID of this interface from <list-of-vlan-ids> in "ip
flow ingress layer2-switched ..." and removed the "ip route-cache
flow" form the interface configuration. But as far as I can see, both
actions have had no effect.

I would be glad, If someone of you could give me hint on this.

Currently I'm using "mls nde flow exclude destination <ip-prefix>
<netmask>" as a workaround to exclude a part of the unwanted data. But
this command could only be entered once.

Thanks in advance and kind regards
Mark