[c-nsp] exclude traffic from an interface in netflow exports on a 6509

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Mar 18 11:40:06 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 04:23:14PM +0100, md4799 wrote:
> I'm searching for a way to exclude the netflow data of one interface
> from the exported netflow-information. The underlying system is a
> WS-C6509-E with a WS-SUP720-3B. The netflow / nde configuration part
> is:

If you upgrade to SXH or SXI, you can...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/netflow.html

Earlier versions always export everything.

(Now, the funny thing is, for IPv6, it will *still* always export
everything - makes one really wonder whether different groups at Cisco
ever talk to each other...  or someone implementing this very useful
feature for IPv4 ever thought of "oh, customers might want this for
IPv6 as well!")

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de